Sunday 26 October 2008

A quiet weekend

Yesterday, I met up with a group of other expats on the same exchange program with our firm. We found the Breakfast Club for lunch, then went to a wine tasting festival and dinner at a French restaurant nearby, all in Angel.

The Breakfast Club could have been at home in the East Village -- small place, typical American brunch menu, huge line outside, random photos on the walls, and 80s music playing that completely fits with the cafe's namesake movie. I definitely need to make it back there sometime soon!

I had no idea what to expect at the wine festival, but it ended up being probably 60-80 vendors in a huge convention center. We each got a glass as we walked in, and were able to taste wines from around the world. After five hours, I restrained myself and ended up walking out with only two bottles -- a Chilean cabernet malbec blend and a cabernet franc.

After the nine of us left the festival and had dinner, we all went our separate ways... I actually enjoyed having a quiet weekend evening for a change, and enjoyed being able to sleep in today. No particular plans here today... other than I'm doing some chores around the flat this morning, then likely joining a gym this afternoon. It should be a nice, quiet Sunday!

No comments: