Sunday 19 October 2008

Sailing

So, after last weekend's marathon and redeye flight back to London, I was planning to have a relatively quiet weekend here, see a few friends on Saturday, and maybe find a museum today.

Friday night, I went to have a drink with coworkers after leaving the office. At some point, one of my coworkers mentioned that he was heading out early the next morning to go sailing, so he was going to head off shortly. When I looked interested in his comment about sailing, he asked if I wanted to join, as they were a person short of a full crew. With just about no deliberation, the answer was "Yes!"

John picked me up at 5:30 Saturday morning and we drove to Port Solent, on the southern coast of England. There, we met four other current and former employees of my firm, loaded up our 37' boat, and were off for the weekend. We were one of eleven boats in a racing series, and did two races on both Saturday and Sunday. We had a great time, a few close calls with the boom, and absolutely perfect weather. I've posted a few of the photos from the weekend here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/trenshaw/OctoberSailing

It's now 9:40 and despite an amazing 8 hours of sleep on the boat while docked in Cowes last night, I'm completely exhausted. Time for bed...

1 comment:

Robison family said...

No one can say that you don't live life to the fullest, Tim! I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you're having a good time....
-Karen