Tuesday 6 January 2009

Christmas week

After a snowy late night drive across New Jersey and Pennsylvania, I got home to Mechanicsburg and collapsed at 2am or so on the Sunday morning before Christmas.

Over the next few days, I caught up with family and friends, did all of my Christmas shopping, cooked for the family, read a bit, and just generally relaxed.

Sunday evening, the Renshaw family got together at my grandmother's, where we all had pizza, caught up, and I had the opportunity to meet Cassidy, my newest cousin! All of us cousins then ended up at Karen & Gene's (and Cashew's place, too...) for some Wii sports!

On Monday night, I caught up with Bill, Andy, and Jared for the first time since Bill's wedding. Now, for perspective, all three of them have purchased and moved into their houses within the past seven months, so I'd seen none of their places. This ended up being the Harrisburg area home tour! Andy and I met at his place when he got home from work, then we met up with Bill, Jolene, Jared, and Jen at the ABC for dinner, before visiting Bill & Jo's house, then ending up at Jared & Jen's for some amazing cookies and good ol' fashioned Monday Night Football.

We had all the normal family traditions for Christmas Eve dinner and mass, followed by the family gift exchanges on Christmas Day. It was great to see everyone again, spend time together, and yes, even to see Santa!

Saturday afternoon, after a week of relaxation and visiting with friends and family, I was back in a car, driving to New York before the next leg of the trip...

1 comment:

Experimental Methods Professor said...

We want to here more about the fabulous cooking!!!