Monday 17 November 2008

Cambridge and rugby

So, walking back from lunch on Friday, I realized I had no particular plans for Saturday. I decided it was a good day for a day trip. After looking at a map and checking train schedules, I decided I'd go to Cambridge for the day. I got there early, had breakfast at the Fountain Inn, then ventured to the colleges. I walked through Trinity College and Kings College, including the cathedral in the photos. It was a great day, and I was home by mid-evening.

Sunday, I met five other American expats for brunch in Chelsea -- not the cheapest brunch, but absolutely amazing! They even understood the concept of breakfast foods beyond the full English breakfast! After that, the rest of the expats went in search of fresh veggies at Whole Foods (yes, the one in London) and I went off to meet a few guys at a pub and to see the Quins v. Wasps rugby match. It took a bit of help from John and Chris until the rules fully came back to me, but it was a great time!

1 comment:

Frank Bresz said...

Now you can chalk up another tick mark from the list.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/04/10/95-rugby/